Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bethel CT It was Maria and Elena all the way!


Bethel, CT. April 13th -last race of the series

I warmed up on the road for a good 25 minutes and then lined up at the start. The pace was steady and the race was pretty uneventful. Lisa did a nice job of jumping to the front on the hill and increasing the pace a bit, but the field wasn't letting anything get away.

I rode on Ann Marie's wheel most of the race and took quite a bit of wind. The goal today was to work hard and have fun. On the last lap I fought other riders for AMM's wheel and on the last climb up to the line managed to stay right behind her. Then Andrea unexpectedly flew by us. I jumped to catch her and almost got AMM at the line. Andrea took the win, AMM took 2nd and I took 3rd. Elena took 6th.

When I went to confirm my placing the promoter told me to stick around for the overall series podium photos. Somehow with my 2nd place last week and my 3rd place this week, I managed to get 3rd overall in the series. It was a pleasant surprise for me. Nice. A trophy and $! Elena got 4th overall in the series and took home some cash as well. A good day for Radical Media in CT!

No comments: