Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Radies on Fire! Grants Tomb Domination

GRANT'S TOMB 3/4 RACE March 15, 2008-
Through Maria's eyes

It was great to be racing with so many teammates in the field and on the sidelines. Radical Media dominated the race from start to finish. We controlled the pace much of the race, put in some beautiful attacks and had every attempted attack by others immediately covered.

On the last lap I jumped on a woman's wheel who seemed determine to win. I wasn't sure if the field was with us or not, so I just focused on staying on her wheel. After taking the final sweeping turn, I realized the pack was with us and I was second wheel. The pack was beginning to swarm around us and I feared getting blocked in, so I powered between the two women in front of me. I wanted so badly to give the team a win, so I went as hard as I could. I figured at any moment someone would nip me at the line, so I continued to give it everything I had until I was way past the line. I WON!!

It was a great win in the 3/4 field. The best part was and we got 4 top 10 places. What an amazing race

No comments: